ABC's of Embroidery: Palestinian Embroidery Kit for KidsRegular price $38.00 Save $-38.00
An exclusive timeless box for kids made by Sitti Soap in collaboration with Khoyoot, a social enterprise from Jordan. ABC's of Embroidery: The Palestinian Embroidery for Kids is a way of transferring cultural heritage to the younger generations by introducing kids to embroidery.
This kit will allow kids to practice embroidery in a manner that will improve their levels of concentration and focus, while also teaching them to be patient and dedicated. This kit will also improve your kids’ eye-hand coordination, while giving them the chance to express their ideas creatively, away from the screens and the platforms of social media, in a manner that will increase their confidence in themselves and their artistic and manual abilities. This experience will cultivate a beautiful bonding experience with your kids, with quality time well spent, as you both explore the worlds of Palestinian Embroidery.
- A Wooden embroidery hoop with fabric and embroidery patterns
- 9 Wooden cross stitch blanks in the following shapes: 3 Key chains: Cypress tree (Saru), the map of Jordan, and the map of Palestine
- 2 Necklaces: Star and butterfly
- Traditional Palestinian dress (Thob), grape leaf, olive tree branch, and heart
- 9 Different colors of thread
- 2 Needles
- Embroidery steps explained by Tata Huda, Yasmeen, and Faris
- About Khoyoot: This project comes as part of Threads’ (Khoyoot)'s a vision, which aims to empower women in the Al Baq’a Refugee camp in Jordan, while stitching the bonds of community participation and social and economic engagement between the camp and the surrounding context, by creating threads of engagement between the different generations, while also transferring the Palestinian heritage across geographic distances, from the Palestinian villages, cities, and camps to the rest of the world