Smoked Mac and Cheese by La Plantation
Cozy up on cold days with a home-cooked plate of mac and cheese, with a little kick of chili. Perfect for the whole family, this smoked mac and cheese recipe will make dining-in nights a whole lot more exciting!
- 1 bag of your favourite pasta (450g)
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tsp of La Plantation Sweet Smoked Chili
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 2 cups of aged cheddar or 1 cup of aged cheddar & 1 cup of a Tex Mex blend of Cheese
2 cups of milk
6 slices of lean bacon
* For those who like it spicy add 2 crushed chilis
1. Boil your favourite pasta to your liking, for best results al dente.
2. Cook bacon to be crumbled into the sauce. We like to cook in the oven for crispy results.
3. In a deep saucepan melt the butter and gradually add the dry ingredients until well blended. Whisk in the milk slowly until it begins to boil, with a large spoon gradually add the cheese & bacon mixing until you have a smooth consistency.
4.If your saucepan is deep enough, pour in the cooked pasta and stir until fully coated. This recipe is great to double and freeze for future quick meals. Best to freeze in oven proof glass containers.