- Information collection, use and sharing
- Personal Information
Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify you. It generally includes your name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, billing information (such as your credit card number, expiration date and billing address), Products purchased, and any other information you may provide us.
When a user purchases Products on our Site, we request that the user provide us with his or her Personal Information to complete the sales transaction. We only collect, use, and process a user’s Personal Information with the user’s consent. If you do not want TFTS to collect your Personal Information, please do not purchase any TFTS Product on the Site. By purchasing Products on the Site, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
We may use your Personal Information:
- to process your order, or request and provide you with the requested Product;
- to provide you with information about your transactions with us;
- to track your service and order preferences;
- to identify, contact or locate you;
- for internal purposes, such as subscription or registration, analyzing trends and statistics;
- to inform you of our new Products and offers where you provide your consent;
- to allow you to participate in sweepstakes and contests and promotional activities in accordance with applicable legislation; and
- to comply with applicable laws.
TFTS does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should you posses any information regarding possible accidental collection of personal information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately at the address provided below.
We will ensure to delete, destroy or make such information anonymous as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Non-Personal Information
We may also collect Non-Personal Information when you visit our Site. “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not personally identify you and includes the browser software used on the device used to access the Site, information regarding the operating system of such a device, the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address associated with the device, as well as demographic and statistical information. Non-Personal Information can be collected by means of cookies and other tracking devices as explained below.
We collect Non-Personal Information from you to compile statistics about accessibility to the Site and to provide you with a better service and a pleasant user experience on the Site. For example, Non-Personal Information helps us detect problems with our server and the administration of our Site.
If the Non-Personal Information that we collect is combined with Personal Information about you, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information.
iii. Information Sharing
We may share some of your Personal Information with third party services providers (“Service Providers”) for the following purposes:
- to process your credit card payments;
- to distribute and ship Products to you;
- to manage data including analyzing and tracking the activities and use of the Site by you; and
- to assist us in promoting our Products to you.
TFTS may also share your Personal Information with other parties:
- when you provide us with your express or implied consent;
- when necessary to complete the transaction you request;
- to comply with applicable law including laws outside your province, territory or country of residence;
- to provide information to fraud prevention and law enforcement agencies, in connection with an investigation as permitted or required by applicable law, including laws outside your province, territory or country of residence, or to respond to judicial process;
- to protect the reputation, health or safety and others;
- if we suspect that you breach this Policy or any of our policies and terms and conditions;
- to provide you with service update notices and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, as well as deliver targeted marketing to you; and
- in the context of a business transaction involving TFTS’ assets or shares.
TFTS may share aggregate, Non-Personal Information with its Service Providers and other third parties.
- Updates and changes to Policy
TFTS reserves the right to update this Policy, from time to time, and without prior notice to you by posting the new Policy on the Site. The revised version will become effective as of the time of posting. Please consult our Site on a regular basis for updates.
If the revised version includes a substantial change, or is otherwise inconsistent with the terms of this Policy, we will provide you with prior reasonable notice by posting the notice of the change on our Site. Upon the expiry of the period indicated in the notice, you will be deemed to have expressly consented to all the substantial changes and will be bound by the updated Policy, unless you request us to delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the address provided below.
We will store your personal information in a secure physical location in Toronto, Ontario, or on secure servers located in Ontario or other jurisdictions outside Canada that provide comparable levels of data protection to Canada. Personal Information may also be stored on a cloud platform. By providing your Personal Information you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside Canada.
We will make commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information. While we have taken the necessary physical, organizational, technological and contractual safeguards — including encryption and firewall technology, as well as password protection to protect the information we collect from you, no data transmission over the Internet can be fully secure. Therefore, we provide no warranty or guarantee the inviolability of the information that you provide over the Internet, and you do so at your own risk.
We may use “cookies” and other tracking technology (collectively “Tracking Technology”) to collect information about how our Site is used, or to display targeted advertisements to you relevant to your interests on our Site or your purchase history. While you can refuse a Tracking Technology, you may not always be able to access or use our Site properly if you do so. We note that third party Service Providers may install a Tracking Technology on your device in the course of providing services to you. TFTS is not responsible for the actions of third party Service Providers and we recommend that you consult these Service Providers’ privacy policies, as applicable.
- Contact you
To better serve you, we may contact you by email or other marketing methods to inform you of our exclusive offers and promotions if you have:
- Purchased Products from us;
- inquired about or sent an application with respect to Products, promotions, services or contests offered by us; or
- otherwise have an existing business relationship with us as defined in applicable law.
To unsubscribe from receiving promotional communications, follow the unsubscribe instructions included in any of the communications that we send to you. Alternatively, you can contact us by using the contact details below.
Note that, in the case of electronic communications, it may take up to 10 business days for your opt-out request to take effect.
- Contact TFTS
Please note that we retain Personal Information as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or for as long as required by law, after which time it is deleted, destroyed, or made anonymous. You may access, review, correct and request the deletion or destruction of your personal information upon request. To do so, or should you have any questions about the collection, storage, processing, use, disclosure or transfer of your Personal Information, please contact us on the following address:
The Fair Trade Show INC.
412-510 King St. East, Toronto,
ON, M5A 0E5 – Canada
You may also email us at email@example.com or call us on (647) 296-1325.