Our Fair Trade Friends
- Standards are set by Fairtrade International, businesses are licensed through Fairtrade Canada
- Includes social, environmental and economic standards
- Protects workers rights, including freedom of association
- Ensures producers were paid a Fairtrade Minimum Price, and includes a Fairtrade Premium to invest in community or business projects
- Think coffee, tea, bananas, sugar, cocoa, flowers, spices and more!
Fair Trade Federation
- The trade association promotes organizations who are fully committed to fair trade
- Organizations must uphold fair trade principles, including transparent and accountable relationships, safe working conditions, fair wages, environmental stewardship and no child labour
- Think home decor, artisanal jewelery, unique accessories and ethical fashion!
World Fair Trade Organization
- The largest global network of organisations representing the Fair Trade supply chain
- Members include producers, marketers, exporters, importers, wholesalers and retailers that demonstrate 100% commitment to Fair Trade in over 70 countries
- Get to know the 10 WFTO Principles of Fair Trade
Fair Trade Toronto
- A volunteer-run organization working to promote Fair Trade in the City of Toronto and unify the Fair Trade community in the GTA
- Fair Trade Toronto advocates for fair trade around Toronto and actively promotes the various programs offered by Fairtrade Canada
- Get involved with fair trade in your city!